Thursday, January 10

Calling All French Speakers

Mr. Mustache
     Today I'm looking for help. 

     As you may recall, I received a REALLY cool old French photo album from my sister for Christmas and have begun trying to locate it's original owners. At the front of the album are a handful of loose photos that have managed to stay with it all this time. (The man above with the ridiculously awesome mustache, for example.) And many of those images have hand-written notes on them.
Back of the Mr. Mustache photo
     Unfortunately, I've shown these notes to a couple of French speakers that I know and they've only been able to make out individual words or phrases. Their basic response has been something along the lines of "this handwriting is so old school that I can't understand all of it."
     All of which made me realize that I'll need to find a more specific type of French linguist if I am ever to get an accurate translation/understanding of what is written. So today I thought that I would post some of these images and their notes with the hope that that linguist might one day find this page and help me unravel the mystery. (If it is you, thank you in advance.)
     Without any further commentary, here now are the photos...
 ----------
(front)
(back)
----------
(front)
(back)
----------
(front)
(back)
----------
(front only)
 ----------
(front only)
----------
     Those are the most promising pieces of text to be found within the album (so far.) If you have any ideas about the translations, please leave them in the comments or send them to me at theonlynewthing@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment